Sunday, August 28, 2011

38 weeks: 4lbs...

yeah... I gained 4lbs... IN ONE WEEK! no idea what happened here and really have no idea how that's even possible. I didn't eat anymore than normal. I was in a different room, which the doc said the scale might be a bit off, but even so I was quite surprised. my hands and feet have been a bit more swollen this week so that could be a part of it too. anyway, I have no control over this, but everything else looked good. not dialated yet although my cervix was soft... so we're getting there!

this week really has been uneventful. nursery is getting there, but waiting for that dresser to finally come in is a big part of it. once that's in the room we'll be able to put most of her clothes in there and set up the changing table part of it. I'm crossing my fingers we get that this next week.

I'm still feeling well. nothing to complain about here. clearly this bump looks HUGE, but doesn't feel that way. I mean yes it's big and I'd like to be able to fit in a normal shirt again, but I'm 9.5 months preggers so it's expected. I can't wait to be able to lay on my belly again. Oh the lil things in life...

so when will she get here? 14 days till d-day. will she come before or will I have to be induced? mark and I both think before. mark is thinking 9/6 and I'll say 9/7 because of lucky number 7. maybe i'll do jumping jacks that day :) hehe.



cravings: chocolate, fresh fruit
aversions:

what's baby up to?
our baby has really plumped up. she weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). she has a firm grasp, which we'll soon be able to test when we hold her hand for the first time! her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.

wondering what color our baby's eyes will be? we may not be able to tell right away. if she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. if she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. that's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment