Monday, August 22, 2011

37 weeks: ding! this bun is done!

FULL-TERM!

yay! i'm so happy we made it this far and baby has been content to finish fully growing and developing her lungs and immune system. good job baby girl :) although, we're ready for her arrival my goal is for her to keep staying content till 39-weeks—september 3rd. not that I have any control over it but just want her to be as fully finished growing as possible.

today i've also started working from home. going to be great change of pace not commuting into the city and then walking a mile to the office... under regular circumstances i loved the walk, but lately i have to walk so slow to be comfortable that it was driving me crazy and worrying me. too many "what ifs" crossed my mind. being near the hospital if baby girl decides to come early gives me peace of mind, allows me to sleep and extra hour and helps avoid a 3-hr/day commute all together. at this point 3 extra hours a day is golden.

last week my upper abdomen, right below where my stomach is now was really sore. and with every baby kick I cringed at the sharp jabs. her kicks usually don't bother me—they make me smile most of the time, but for some reason I was sore and not a happy camper when she was active. deep breaths :)

grandpa wally is already spoiling his grand daughter :) went to carter's with me this weekend and had a bit of fun. love seeing my dad pick out cute lil girly outfits. love him so much.

no other changes at this point. I see the doc again tomorrow so maybe I'll be dialated?! i'll fill you in on my next update.



cravings: can't think of anything specific.
aversions:

what's baby up to?
at week 37, pregnancy is considered full term, meaning baby is likely to thrive after birth. baby spends these last weeks in preparation for the outside world… meaning careful refinement of the blink, suck, inhale and exhale. meconium, which we’ll probably find in the first diaper, is accumulating in the intestines. if I worry about giving birth, I need to consider what it’s like for the little one. during the journey out of my womb, baby will produce more stress hormones than any other time in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment