Sunday, September 11, 2011

40 weeks: alright girly time to meet mom and dad


now I really really hope this to be
my last pregnant picture :)
yep. stillllll pregnant.

so our lil peach is being a real peach... apparently, our lil girl didn't want to give daddy an early birthday present. this waiting is not fun. i know her due date was yesterday and technically she should have waited until now, but geez the past 2-3 weeks have really been hard.

we're still really excited and waiting patiently, but it's hard because both of us thought we'd be holding her by now. kissing her lil fingers and toes and seeing her beautiful lil eyes look back at us. I told someone this last week, but it kinda feels like you're going to disneyworld for the very first time and someone keeps postponing it... it's slightly aggravating and sad but at least we know we're still going... VERY SOON.

my last baby check up was on wednesday with dr. salus. I hadn't seen her since the beginning and she's a really nice doctor... when she told me I was only dialated a fingertip I think she saw the disappointment on my face because she was like don't worry you'll probably go next week and it's progress from last week :) yeah it's progress... I was just hoping for a baby a lot sooner. if I happen to still be pregnant by 41-weeks (saturday the 17th) then I'll be induced the following monday (19th). I really stinking hope baby doesn't hang out that long.

saying that we found a list of "natural ways to induce labor" and thought we give some a try. this list is anything from eating spicy foods to walking a lot to eating chinese or other things I will not mention. just want to say it's a bunch of bologna—none of these have worked for us. I'm gonna go do squats and gallop like a horse. maybe those will work.

sorry for the blehhh post. I'm bored of being pregnant and just want her here ASAP. my next appointment is tuesday morning with dr. perlis maybe I could convince her to induce me earlier :D

I promise to update everyone once we're at the hospital (if we get there this week)—I'll need lots of prayers and happy thoughts sent my way :)



cravings: no idea. i'm bored of eating.
aversions:

what's baby up to?
it's hard to say for sure how big our baby will be, but the average newborn weighs about 7 1/2 pounds (a small pumpkin) and is about 20 inches long. her skull bones are not yet fused, which allows them to overlap a bit if it's a snug fit through the birth canal during labor. this so-called "molding" is the reason our baby's noggin may look a little conehead-ish after birth. rest assured—it's normal and temporary.

2 comments:

  1. Oh MIchele, I totally empathize with you! I was going crazy when preggo with Adelyn because those last few weeks are so LONG and then the due date comes and...goes...and....seriously, no baby?! Good news for you though, I had Dr. Perlis for my appt. on my due date and she asked if I wanted her to strip my cervix to get things moving and I didn't know what it meant, but I was desperate so I said yes. As soon as she did that, I started contracting, two days of contracting, but Adelyn came:) Good luck and I promise as soon as you hold your precious little girl, the memories of waiting will disappear:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Jenny! Good to know about Dr. Perlis :) I can't wait to see her tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete