Monday, May 2, 2011

21 weeks: today's the big day!!!

nothing much has happened this week, really just looking forward to our appointment tonight! I've been counting down the days and now hours to know what baby is. it'll be nice not to refer to baby as "it" anymore and to start giving baby a name!

and of course we'll be able to start shopping without completely guessing or keeping things neutral. we're very happy either way and hope baby is healthy and comfy in there :)

we'll wait till after the appointment to do the big reveal. we're going to ask the ultrasound tech to place in an envelope whether it's a girl/boy and then get mark's family on the phone while we're at my dad's to open the surprise. we'll post something soon!!


cravings: I'm trying to limit the amount of dessert and sweets this week especially since last weekend was Easter :)
aversions: ?

what's baby up to?
baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. and, these days, those taste buds actually work! studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. meaning, I need think about what I want our future child to eat as I prepare my own lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment