Sunday, May 8, 2011

22 weeks: it's a girl!

it's a girl! it's a girl! (michele) it's... a... guuuurrrrllll. (mark) haha. daddy may have shown a bit of defeat when he found out he's having a lil girl, but he truly is happy. we're competitive and if he would have gotten his boy my reaction may have been more like his :) we're so happy that baby is healthy and growing!

miss baby prather is about 14oz (almost a pound!) and according to the tech everything looks good with the amniotic fluid too. (not really sure what she was checking for, but glad it's good.) baby was facing downward and had her feet curled up around almost by her head and must have been tired because she kept yawning. so fun to see!

mark also got to finally meet dr. perlis, who's my usual gyno and will be our regular OB. her name is also michele and she is pretty funny—she had mark laughing most of the time too. i've gained 6lbs since my first visit in february and she expects me to gain about 20lbs total. sounds fine to me! our next appointment won't be till the end of may.

we started phase one of painting our home, so our house is a bit crazy with all our furniture shoved into the second bedroom and everything else in our bedroom. can't wait to have the main area done! I feel helpless because mark doesn't want me helping with painting... so I have had brush/roller cleaning duty and taping which really is minor. We made good traction this weekend just some trim to complete this week. thinking about baby's room... I'm not allowed any pink on the walls... which is fine. lucky for mark I really don't love pink :) but we're still going to go with a navy and light pink scheme though!

had a great mommy-to-be mother's day :) baby even got me a card and pretty flowers :) that's all for now! can't wait to shop for cute lil dresses and fuffy bows! haha.


cravings: lately, I like cereal. again cereal is one of those things that I haven't liked for quite a while, but I've probably happily eaten more bowls of cereal in the past month than I have in the past 5 years. apparently baby likes to get her calcium and whole grain!
aversions: none. i may be past the "things make me sick phase

what's baby up to?
need to watch what we say—baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. studies have show that baby finds gentle music and my own voice most soothing. nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. and, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. to figure out when—I just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.

2 comments:

  1. I go to Women to Women too! I love Dr. Perlis and that was Jon's favorite Dr. too. She's quite hilarious:) I wanted her to be the one to deliver, but it didn't work out that way. Salus is awesome too:) Hope you had a good first Mother's Day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are all so nice there. i've met with all of them now except for one. hopefully, dr. perlis will be on call when miss prather decides to make her appearance, but dr. salus and any of other will be great too! :) hope you had a wonderful mother's day too!

    ReplyDelete