Sunday, March 27, 2011

16 weeks: love our friends and family

this whole pregnancy we've been blessed with the kindness and love of our friends and family. becoming pregnant is a wonderful thing all on it's own, but it's also slightly intimidating since your life forever will be changed. it's funny that we are 26/27 and both of us are clearly able to have and take care of a child but we both still are thinking, "whoa, this is really happening?! we're going to be parents in six months?!!" of course we are not going to be perfect parents and will make mistakes along the way, but it'll be a fun new adventure, with A LOT of adjusting. :)

family and friends make this whole process so much easier, and I'm so thankful we have such wonderful people in our lives. with their excitement, well wishes, notes, advice and celebration you truly become more and more "ready" and excited for what's to come!

I started off this week with a fun brunch with a few of my favorite people. I hadn't seen some of my friends since new years so I was looking forward to this day for a while—I literally like a lil kid was counting down the days :) we met up and as always the 3 hours was filled with great stories and a lot of laughter. aubrey brought baby caela which amy, tatum, heather and I could not get enough of her. her lil cheeks are the cutest not to mention she is basically the cutest baby ever. so we just slid her around the table so each of the aunties could get their baby fix. :) I haven't been around newborns/babies much but holding caela, making her smile and getting loving cuddles is just what I needed. it just made me so happy and excited for our baby.

overall, I'm feeling pretty good. at random times I still feel a bit off, but really don't know the one cause other than my hormones being crazy with me. and those times are not everyday and only last a little while, so... much better!

can't wait for this bump to keep growing :)


cravings: i love ranch dressing now, which is really strange because I haven't really liked it since I was 12. still love fruit.
aversions: I can't think of anything that repulsed me in the past week. :)

what's baby up to?
we need watch what we say... tiny bones forming in baby's ears mean the little one can now pick up our voices. eyebrows, lashes and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming. and, if we were interested, an ultrasound might be able to determine gender.

No comments:

Post a Comment