Wednesday, December 29, 2010

christmas in florida



hello everyone. apparently I have to write everything in lower case. it looks better? so I am going to shed a little light onto our christmas trip to florida. first, this was our first ever trip to florida during christmas time. my side of the family moved down there about 5 years ago and had previously been coming up here to the chicagoland area.

the trip started out with me having to make a phone call the night before to the airline, because the next day there was supposed to be a large snow storm. even though there was supposed to be a snow storm the airline still made us cough up the extra $100 charge to switch our flight time. it was money well spent because we got out early and we wouldn't have made it with our original reservation.

once we arrive in ft. myers, it was fun to get off of the plane and head outside to the warm night time air. kind of makes me ask why we do not just skip the long, cold, snowy winters and live there instead? and my new company has an office down there, hmm.

anyways, it was nice to be there going between st. petersburg, where my parents live, and sanibel island.

when in st. petersburg, we got to eat at the best ever sushi place called osakas.
most people that know me know that for the most part i am not a sushi fan. occasionally I will be okay with eating it, but for the most part it grosses me out. osakas, however, is amazing. the sauce that they put over the sushi really makes it amazing.

in st. pete we got to see a great friend of mine kevin and his family. when I was in high school we did everything together. kevin took us all around the city. being a police officer there he took us to some scary parts of the city where he does a lot of his work.

wow, this is a really long story, mostly because I don't know what to write and I was just told to write.

when we got to sanibel we had a great time. even though for much of the time it was a little cooler and windy it was still warm enough that we didn't need winter coats. one of the days the beach was littered with the largest shells and creatures I have ever seen since going down to sanibel. there were gigantic conch shells everywhere, also we saw star fish, crabs, and other really nice shells everywhere. we will try to put up some pictures because it was really unbelievable.







we also played a lot of the board game, settlers of catan with the rest of the family. it was a great trip.

actual christmas day in florida was great. my mom made us a wonderful dinner with all of the fixings and we had a great time. my mom does the children's youth services and programs at pass-a-grille community church, so we watched their rendition of the 12 days of christmas in st. pete before heading to sanibel.

one place in sanibel that everyone must try is rosie's deli. they have possibly the best chicken salad sandwiches on the earth. michele and I go there every time we are in sanibel for lunch.

at the end of the trip we had a dinner with the family at traders. they have awesome fish and it was nice of my brother and sister-in-law to treat us all.

our trip to florida was great. maybe some day soon we can move there?!

anyways, that is it for my first awesome post!

No comments:

Post a Comment