Saturday, July 23, 2011

33 weeks: 9-10-11

this week has fairly gone by pretty quickly. I have a feeling this will be a theme for these last 7 weeks :)

had my baby check up on tuesday. gained 3 lbs :/ (I was hoping for just 2) but what could you do :) I'm up 21lbs now which just sounds crazy but there are a lot of uncontrollable reasons that cause weight gain other than just what you eat so I'm not too worried. I was measuring a bit small for dr. ghandi so we had a quick ultrasound again—yay! little miss was measuring in the 58th% percentile (about 4.5 lbs), fluids looked good and still head down. so again, she's just helping momma out to not feel any bigger than she has to :) also, I guess my original due date wasn't calculated correctly so dr. ghandi said her actual due date (not that she really will be born that day) is 9-10-11 rather than a day later! fine with me!

mom and dad prather are in town this week so it's been fun seeing them and can't wait for the wedding tonight and baby shower on sunday!

other than that the heat and humidity has been awful in chicago. ugh. so glad it finally rained a good amount to cool everything off a bit. staying hydrated on my walks to work is key, but I'm really avoiding the outdoors as much as I can. still haven't heard back about the ultrasound on my abdomen, my only guess that whatever it is is a non-emergency since it's been a week and I haven't heard anything.

painting the baby's girls room next weekend! can't wait to have her room ready :)


cravings: with all this hot weather water seems to be the only satisfying thing.
aversions:

what's baby up to?
baby’s senses are continuing to improve—when light peeks in through my (extremely) stretched belly, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate. and, baby can now recognize and react to simple songs… time to start practicing our lullabies! growth (at least inside my womb) is starting to slow, and I may notice baby descend into my pelvis at the end of this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment