Sunday, June 19, 2011

28 weeks: third trimester... really we're here already?

oh wow... we're in the last stretch of this baby marathon. 12 weeks (or less) and lil baby girl will be here. I just can't wait to meet her and start this new and exciting part of our life. she is going to be the star of our show called life and am so thrilled to have such a great daddy-to-be on my side. not everyone knows this but one of the great reasons I fell for marky was when we were watching our family friends' kids the first summer we started dating. I saw how much fun, goofy and attentive he was with payton and gracie and it was hard not to think and smile wow I'm a lucky girl. I still remember the moment like it was yesterday. :)

happy father's day to all the wonderful fathers out there! (especially wally and ron)

there's been a lot of activity with baby this week. I literally can feel her turning, and I just stare down and can't believe something is alive within me. most of the time I feel great and almost forget I'm pregnant, but then I try to bend over and tie my shoe and I'm quickly reminded of the babe. overall, I've had lil aches and pains on the sides of my belly—but I think those are growing pains. when it happens my stomach is really hard so my only guess is that my skin and uterus are stretching to make more room. (no stretch marks yet... thank god and knocking on wood!)

we have our next check up on tuesday where we'll meet the last doc in the practice (dr. ghandi) but most likely we'll have dr. perlis for the rest of the pregnancy. hopefully she's on call at the hospital when lil miss decides to come out meet us!

baby is the size of a pomelo or
chinese cabbage. click to see the full image.
cravings: still loving on the la croix. I had a brownie the other day from panera and I literally could have ate the whole platter on display–luckily my husband was there to limit me to one.
aversions: none.

what's baby up to?
by this week, our baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. she can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. with her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through my womb. she's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

2 comments:

  1. Our next appointment is with Dr. Ghandi as well! Women to Women in CL??

    Whew this is flyin by!! You look adorable! Love these updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we're at Woman-to-woman :) I've been going there so long that it's worth the drive from Palatine! I've regularly had Dr. Perlis over the years so I feel most comfortable with her, but all the other docs we've met with have been great too :) I think you'll meet with all of them too just in case they are on call at the hospital youll know a familiar face!

    I can't believe lil miss could potentially even be here sooner than September! Hopefully she stays put until we have all our classes and nursery done! :)

    ReplyDelete